What’s in the Bag? the Swell packing list…
I Made it back to Swell!! And so did all my new goods!
- 3 Go Pro Hero cameras and a zillion different mounting gadgets (courtesy of Go Pro!)
- sunflower seed butter
- 3 zinc anodes for my propeller
- lots of green tea!
- Colloidal silver (natural antibiotic)
- Bodysurfing handplaner handcrafted by Blakeney Sanford–the most beautiful in all the world!!
- Sector 9 skateboard wheels and bearings! (courtesy of Sector 9)
- New super quiet wind generator blades (courtesy of Spreco Energy Inc.)
- 98% pure aloe vera gel
- Maca powder (Incan superfood, great on oatmeal!)
- Ground Flaxseed, also great on those oats!
- 3M dual lock Velcro
- SurfVival sunscreen, after sun lotion, and chapstick. All reef friendly! (Courtesy of SurfVival/SGWS)
- Kaenon ‘Burnet’ polarized sunnies (courtesy of Kaenon)
- Source Naturals ‘Wellness Formula’ (the BEST immunity booster if you’re feelin a cold coming on)
- 2 yoga books
- 20mm Canon lens (thank you Tiff and Thomas!!)
- Del Mar Housing Project underwater camera housing
- ‘Easy Button’ from Staples (courtesy of Erik at Del Mar Housing Projects)
- Dear and Yonder (the surf film in which Swell and I are featured!!)
- Raw Sunflower seeds
- Patagonia Stormproof Backpack, sunshelter shirts, bathing suits, t-shirts, wetsuit tops and new girls spring suits! (courtesy of the almighty Patagonia)
- 180 South, the recently released film featuring my friends from Patagonia—fantastic!
- Sector Nine film, ‘Second Nature’… crazy amazing downhilling in the High Sierras
- ‘The future of Life” by Edward O. Wilson
- “Our Empty Oceans” by Richard Ellis
- “The Wilderness World of John Muir” a collection of Muir writing
- “Always Maintain a Joyful Mind” by Pema Chodron
- 5’9″ & 6’3″ FCD epoxy round pins (courtesy of Patagonia and FCD Surfboards!)
- Marten Ten Broek’s CD ‘Pine Cone Lightning’, his song ‘Bittersweet Ocean Shanty’ was partially inspired by the Voyage of Swell
- 18 by 12 Recycled Paper Sketch Pad
- Desert Essence “relief spray” for stings, bug bites, etc
- Tea tree oil
- Time Magazine special commemorative edition on St. ‘Mother’ Teresa
- Newsweek with article on Mark Twain
- 2 Freestyle watches, (courtesy of Freestyle Watches)
- Raw walnuts
- Dried blueberries
- Maxwell Windlass motor (Please, Mr. Airport security officer, I promise it is not a bomb…it’s a 15lb electric motor that pulls up my anchor!)
- Copies of Surfer Magazine’s ‘Ode to Pacific’ in which I wrote an ‘Ode to the P.O.’
- My Great Uncle Jim’s sailing trophy from 1965 (he is the reason I know how to sail…currently 97 years old!)
- candy to give to the kids
- tiger balm
- rechargeable batteries and charger
- roboGrip craftsman wrench
- Remote control for my Canon Rebel xsi
- toys for kids
- rapala lures
- Marlow 2mm line (purpley)
- VHF handheld radio
- and sent by air freight: one new Achilles dinghy! (Courtesy of Achilles in exchange for the use of my photos of the old dinghy)
…and now the challenge is to find somewhere to put it all!
tarnnaNovember 20, 2010
Just wanted to send a note saying how amazing and inspiring you are! I’ve been keeping up with your blog for awhile and this one especially caught my attention. I spent a year in Pohnpei, FSM as a volunteer and I remember getting things in the mail that I couldn’t necessarily get on the island and this post just made me remember all the good times there. My goal is to go back and teach again at some point, and reading your posts just inspire me all over again to keep working on lesson plans I had started over there trying to focus more on island culture as opposed to just teaching U.S. stuff.
Thanks again for posting so often!